View Full Version : Litt mer "balansert" syn på LCHF?

Eris
10-07-11, 16:52
Denne artikkelen (http://www.mercola.com/article/carbohydrates/scientific_evidence_low_grains.htm) hadde noen poeng jeg syntes var interessante.

[...] Both dietary extremes discussed fail to introduce balance in this ratio. High carbohydrate diet due to their high grain and plant content will ultimately be low in N-3 fats (especially long chain N-3 fats - i.e. EPA/DHA), thus unbalancing the N-6/N-3 ratio. Low carbohydrate diets, in their popular form, rely heavily on commercially raised grain-fed meats and poultry (the fatty acid profile of the meat from wild game, free range beef and poultry have a significantly higher N-3 to N-6 ratio), eggs (free range hens also make better eggs) and cheeses.Men jeg tror han skriver senere at variasjon i kjøtt reduserer dette problemet.

In spite of the impressive nutrient profiles of grain, the vitamins and minerals often occur in forms that have low bioavaildality to the human digestive tract. In addition to these poorly utilizable nutrients, grain contains many secondary metabolic components commonly categorized as anti-nutrients.

Recent scientific study has linked these anti-nutrients to a number of negative biological consequences which include: allergen based disorders; pancreatic hypertrophy and disruption of the gut cell wall tight junctions (thus exposing the systemic circulation to food allergens and gut flora).

[...]

So, while the motives for limiting grains may be completely unrelated, many of the popular incarnations of reduced carbohydrate diets may be paying their readers a great - albeit - indirect service.Kommentar av annen fagmann:

I typically warn my patients that the diet recommended is NOT low carbohydrate but full of vegetables which are the good carbohydrates.

Slik jeg forstår det så spiller det ingen rolle hvor høyt karbohydratinntaket er om alt kommer fra grønnsaker (gode karbs).