Vis enkelt innlegg
Gammel 21-04-11, 23:22   #64
Domilla
Juniormedlem

Medlem siden: Apr 2011
Hvor: Trondheim
Domilla er på en erverdig vei

Sv: En kort innføring i PCOS

Min historie er litt er av en deprimerende fairytale... og er litt usikker at jeg skal klare å fortelle det på norsk.

Being the last of 4 children, I had always dreamt of a big family once my turn would come to be a mother. I met my husband almost 10 years ago, but only been together for 7 years. When we got married almost 5 years ago, we decided to settle with our own appartment before making baby-plans. We assumed things would work fine because fertility isn't an issue in both our family. So wrong I was.
After 2 years of trying and no result, just delayed menstruations. I took an appointment with a gynecolog would told me about PCOS, which I never heard of before. But all the signs were there: started to get some small hair growing around my chin and neck, the clear overweight, and started to have acne by the time I turned 24 ( I never had acne as a teenage)... First thing I did when I got home was to read PCOS on wiki --- oh boy, did I cry and was depressed for weeks, ok make that months. A year after that, both my sisters in law got pregnant, about 6 months apart from each other. It's extremely hard to rejoyce for your brothers when what you wish the most in the world happens to someone else. The feeling of unfairness was excruciating.
I got a prescription of Pergotime, did everything just right, but it didn't work out. I tried to train more and watch the kcal of what I ate. I would lose 5 kgs easily and then regain everything right back at the slightest slip.
People (with good intentions, for sure) kept telling me to keep on slimming, that it would work. While I kept on seeing women far bigger than me in the streets pushing cute babies in their wagon, how to rationnalise this? How do you keep jealousy and bitterness out of your heart when injustice is being shoved in your face everytime you step out?
Also the typical "it will happen when you think about it the least" is a killer. Right, when you are finally ready mentally and emotionally for a baby, it doesn't work. And when it happens, you're on another track and path of life, so you'd have to cancel everything again?! Illogical kingdom.
My PCOS is a strange one. I have slight acne (has reduced a lot since I stopped a bit my sugar cravings), still some hirsutism, and a good 35-40kgs to lose, some tiny cysts on the left ovary, right one is clean; but regular menstruation and strong pain during ovulation. According to my gyn, my problem is that the egg doesn't get big enough for conceiving. I had two spontaneous abortion these two last years. At 3 weeks and 6 weeks; the last one in january.
PCOS is an uncureable disease but it can be treated. And so many women are unaware of its existence, I wish more people would know. The same way people wear the red ribbon for AIDS or pink for cancer, I wish people would also start wearing the teal ribbon, for support to all of us who suffer of PCOS.
Last week, I met with one of my dearest friend who told me about this forum and LCHF, and this new lifestyle fits my body and hopefully enough, the weight loss will help me to fight against PCOS and maybe... just maybe, one day, I'll be able to have my own baby...

Beklager for lang meldingen men det var veldig mye jeg hadde å dele for dem som slitter med PCOS.
Når føler jeg med bedre om baby-tenking, mye mere rolig, kansje er jeg blitt litt mere cynisk eller sarkatisk, men jeg tar det lettere. Om det aldri skjer så skal jeg kjøp et gård og ha 101 katter ^^