Vis enkelt innlegg
Gammel 26-01-15, 13:07   #1
Sivensvans
Seniormedlem

Sivensvans sin avatar

Medlem siden: Sep 2006
Sivensvans er bare helt fantastiskSivensvans er bare helt fantastiskSivensvans er bare helt fantastiskSivensvans er bare helt fantastiskSivensvans er bare helt fantastiskSivensvans er bare helt fantastiskSivensvans er bare helt fantastiskSivensvans er bare helt fantastiskSivensvans er bare helt fantastiskSivensvans er bare helt fantastiskSivensvans er bare helt fantastisk

Egg og avokado-frokost, tacostyle

Egg and Avocado Breakfast Taco Recipe

I like to make up dishes while I’m standing in front of my fridge in my pajamas. As much as I LOVE grocery shopping (I’ve been known to go to the store multiple times in one day) I also fly wildly to the other side of the spectrum and let the grocery shopping go so long between trips that the fridge only has eggs and random sauces. Not that I’m complaining. As long as I have eggs I’m a happy camper. When you have eggs, you can basically make ANYTHING.

Even simple scrambled eggs get me egg-cited (sorry, not sorry for that horribly overused pun) so it’s not hard to imagine how giddy I get when I tuck soft scrambled eggs into charred tortillas and top them off with avocados, jalapeños and a little bit of green sauce.

To be honest, the only issue I had with these tacos is that I didn’t char the tortillas enough. I was a touch too impatient. Do you guys ever get so hungry that you end up eating like a monster? I’m talking about food all in the air like you just don’t care – you just want it in your tummy two minutes ago. Yeah, that was me. Thankfully these were extremely satisfying. So simple, so easy, so delicious.

I am scrambled, I am tortilla-hugged, I am Egg and Avocado Breakfast Taco!

Egg and Avocado Breakfast Taco Recipe
serves 2
  • 4 eggs
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 avocado, sliced
  • 1 jalapeño, sliced
  • tortillas, warmed (I do this in a dry pan over medium heat, flipping every so often until they’re soft and warm)
  • salsa of choice (I used this salsa verde)
Scramble your eggs – I usually do a nice slow scramble, which basically means that I cook them over low to medium-low heat while stirring constantly.
To make your tacos scoop some eggs (don’t forget to season them!) onto your tortilla shells. Don’t forget to give them some heat first! You can straight up char them on your gas burner or you can do it in a dry pan, 1-2 minutes per side. I like to double up on the tortillas because I’m greedy like that. Top with some avocado, jalapeño slices and salsa. Easy peasy!

Sivensvans er avlogget   Min kostholdsfilosofi: Minst mulig stivelse i maten min, takk! :) Svar med sitat