Vis enkelt innlegg
Gammel 14-01-05, 15:38   #8
Nille
Administrator

Nille sin avatar

Medlem siden: Feb 2004
Alder: 67
Nille er bare helt fantastiskNille er bare helt fantastiskNille er bare helt fantastiskNille er bare helt fantastiskNille er bare helt fantastiskNille er bare helt fantastiskNille er bare helt fantastiskNille er bare helt fantastiskNille er bare helt fantastiskNille er bare helt fantastiskNille er bare helt fantastisk

har dere fått nok av meg nå ???

Sitat:

MCT stands for Medium Chain Triglycerides. This is an oil extracted from Coconut. It has 2 unique qualities: When you consume it, it converts to ketones through the liver in about 15 minutes, giving you nearly instant energy much the same way that sugars do, but it does not stimulate an insulin response; and it is generally not able to convert to storage (adipose) tissue.

Thus it is a fat (with all the mouthfeel and ability to carry flavours) that provides energy with less risk of becoming a semi-permanent part of your body.

It is particularly useful because the energy it gives while you are still eating a meal gives me at least a feeling of having had enough to eat as my energy has been restored. It gives enough energy that I think I end up walking and moving with more "bounce" and "spark" that may also help burn other fats.

I suggest you do a Google search on it to read what the experts say, both pro and con.

Ferrando.

Sitat:

Technically speaking, Coconut and MCT Oil derived from coconut actually give you less energy that other longer and shorter chain fats.

The advantage that MCT Oil and to a leser extent Coconut provides is speed.

Most oils digest throug a process involving the pancreas. It takes about 4 hours before the fat is ready to supply energy.

MCT Oil for some reason digests directly through the liver. The liver converts it to ketones that will circulate in your blood in about 15 minutes.

People who have grown up with sugar expect that "rush" of energy to be almost immediate. Low carbers can get that same quick boost using MCT or coconut oil.

So the only advantage is speed. It's great in the morning and since I've started using MCT Oil at breakfast I've cut my coffee consumption down to half a cup from 4 cups a day.

og så noen linker:

fra
http://www.mynchen.demon.co.uk/The%...enic%20diet.htm

A much more significant variant is the MCT oil diet. MCT stand for medium chain triglycerides, which are a particular type of saturated fat found in coconut oil. MCT oil is one of the wonder ingredients of the nineties, being used by athletes to improve their performance. MCT oil is special because although it is a fat, it metabolises quickly, like carbohydrate. It does this because it can pass directly though the intestinal wall into the portal blood system and thence to the liver where it is metabolised, instead of having to go via the lymphatic system like longer chain fats. The advantage of using MCT oil is that the diet can achieve a similar energy production balance to a normal diet, but can still deliver the necessary ketones. In the typical MCT diet, the proportions will be 35% fat, 35% MCT oil, 20% carbohydrate and 10% protein (a 2.3:1 ratio). Also, the total calorie intake is set at the normal level, rather than three quarters of normal, so the MCT diet is far less rigorous than the classical diet. There does not seem to be any very clear rationale for these variations from the classical diet, except the pragmatic one that it is claimed they work, although this claim is hotly disputed.

fra
http://www.tricare.osd.mil/OCMO/tec...ogenic-Diet.doc

A more recent modification to the classic ketogenic diet was devised in the early 1970s in an effort to make the diet more palatable. Medium chain triglyceride oil (MCT) was employed as the primary fat product. This oil is more ketogenic per calorie than other fats, and, thus, allowed a greater flexibility in other food items, while still maintaining a ketotic state. The type of ketogenic diet is referred to as the MCT diet (Huttenlocher et al. 1971).

fra

http://www.efnj.com/ketogenic.shtml

Eighty to ninety percent of the total energy intake in the ketogenic diet is derived from fat. The energy ratio of fat to carbohydrate plus protein should be 3:1 to 4:1. If medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil is used, the percentage of energy from fat can be reduced. This is because MCT oil is absorbed more rapidly than other fats, is transport- ed directly to the liver, and thus induces ketosis more rapidly