Søk i lavkarbosidene:
Tilpasset søk
Gå tilbake   Lavkarbo.no :: Karbojunkie > Kosthold og helse > Kostholdsfilosofier > Andre dietter

Diett for dere som ikke liker forkost

Andre dietter Her er det plass til dietter som ikke har fått sin egen kategori over.

Del denne siden:

Svar

Trådverktøy
Gammel 01-06-10, 16:00   #1
Nessimelle
Gjest

Diett for dere som ikke liker forkost

I korte trekk: Dietten kalles intermittent fasting, eller på norsk periodisk faste protokollen, og handler om å faste deler av døgnet (vanligvis 16h for menn og 14h for kvinner). Et lite kcaloverskudd brukes på treningsdager (styrke først og fresmt) og et lite kcalunderskudd på hviledager. Hvordan en legger opp fordelinga av makronæringsstoffer er opp til en selv. Les mer om opplegget under eller på leangains.com

Det er også mulighet til å få Berkhan (svenske) til å sette opp trenings og kosthold for deg med veiledning over en uke, 4 uker eller 8 om jeg ikke husker feil. Dette koster litt vel og merke, men det er absolutt verdt det. Har selv fått et ukesprogram og har gode framskritt med dette. Gikk ikke mye ned i vekt, mye på grunn av at jeg la på meg muskelmasse, men jeg gikk ned ca 1-1,5cm rundt livet ukentlig.

Dette er en veldig behagelig diett syntes jeg, man får mer energi og blir mer konsentrert. Det tar kanskje en uke å venne seg til å ikke spise frokost, så de første dagene kan det hende en er litt sulten på morran/dagen, men det går som regel over fort.

Opprinnelig lagt inn av Martin Berkhan

"...Intermittent fasting involves a period of fasting followed by a period of feeding. Studies on intermittent fasting and human subjects has shown positive effects on health indicators, including insulin sensitivity. These studies often involve long periods of food deprivation followed by a very large meal; one example being a 24 hour fast followed by eating the daily calorie allotment in one meal. By doing this, the test subjects lost more body fat, and actually gained lean mass, in comparison to a regular meal pattern. Keep in mind that these individuals were not even lifting weights in the first place; this suggests that the one-meal-a-day eating pattern had positive effects on body composition, possibly by impacting hormones or gene expression. However, I feel strongly that such extreme measures are not needed to in order to reap the benefits of intermittent fasting for those wishing to improve their body composition.

The Intermittent Fasting protocol for lean gains and fat loss, aims to take advantage of the powerful fat burning properties of the fast and the nutrient partitioning effects of short term overfeeding, in order to reduce bodyfat and increase lean body mass. Therefore I have devised a system, through trial and error, which involves a short fast in combination with weightlifting and overfeeding, in order to achieve lean muscular gains and fat loss. I have significantly improved my body composition with this seemingly ?controversial? way of meal patterning, and several others has had the same success. Those that convert from a typical high meal frequency eating regime to the Intermittent fasting protocol seldom go back to their old habits of obsessively eating every second hour, yet never really feeling satisfied. I will briefly describe some guidelines I use in order to put this diet in a contextual framework.

The Intermittent Fasting protocol consists of two phases; the fasting period and the overfeeding period. The basic idea behind this protocol is to provide nutrients at a time where they will be used for recovery and repair, being the post workout window. In order to receive the benefits of nutrient partitioning, the protocol consists of a fasting period, lasting 16 hours. This means you initiate your first meal 16 hours before eating the last meal on the night before (which is easily done by skipping breakfast and lunch). Thus, ideally all eating is done within an 8 +-1 hour timeframe. Most do well with 3 meals, some may even prefer 2 or 4. To some this may seem daunting, as some will assume that hunger will be an issue, but this is anecdotally not the case; the fast has strong appetite suppressant properties, which is partly explained by increased catecholamine output during the fast. Contrary to popular belief, there is no proteolysis during this period. You do not need to worry that you will be ?burning? muscle tissue during the fast.

The fasting aspect of the diet has several positive effects on lipolysis, partly mediated by catecholamines and growth hormone release during the fast. Besides acting as an appetite suppressant, the catecholamines provides a stimulant effect; you will most likely feel like you have more energy and focus than usual (in this state any other stimulants, like caffeine for example, also has a more potent effect in comparison to being consumed on a full stomach)..

After fasting for 16 hours, one breaks the fast with a meal whose macronutrient profile differs depending on if it?s a workout day or a rest day. On workout days, one breaks the fast with a moderate sized pre-workout meal, providing adequate carbohydrates and protein. After the workout, you will consume the largest meal of the day and proceed to eat once your calorie quota for the day is filled (this quota is your maintenance intake + a certain % depending on your goals). Carbohydrates are favourable to consume in this meal. You may split meals how you see fit, but you should keep the eating window to 8 hours, including the pre-workout meal. My day may look like this for example:

4 pm: pre-workout meal

5-6: workout

7-12 pm: post workout meal, and the rest of calorie requirements for this day. This is the overfeeding period of Intermittent Fating. After the last meal, the fast starts again in order to initiate the first meal at 4 pm the next day (these hours will be dependent on your own schedule, and times used here are merely for illustrative purposes). In order to have a steady supply of amino acids in your blood during the fast, I suggest the last meal consists of whole foods and slow digesting protein (meat or cottage cheese for example).

On rest days, the calorie intake will differ from your workout day. Depending on goals, one may tailor the calories to either fat loss, weight gain or improved body composition..."

I will briefly outline the benefits of IF in this post. All the claims made are scientifically proven through empirical studies on humans.

* Increased insulin sensitivity, possibly resulting in superior nutrient partitioning as compared to traditional meal patterns; especially when combined with weightlifting. There are also several other health benefits, including improved blood lipids (scientifically proven).

* Possible to reduce bodyfat and increase lean mass through a cyclic calorie intake.

* No more obsessive thinking about food and worrying about eating every second hour.

* Very liberal approach to calorie intake in the eating window (8 hrs) and post-workout window; you can eat to your hearts content and still lose bodyfat.

* Increased mental focus, energy and productivity during the fast.

* Increased metabolism during the fast. Ironically, most people think it´s the other way around.

* Appetite suppression during the fast. This is particularily beneficial if your main priority is to lose bodyfat.

That being said, IF is not a universal solution to gaining lean mass and losing bodyfat. Just like there are people that prefer high carbohydrate diets, and loathe low carb diets, some people will prefer a higher meal frequency and more regular meal patterning. However, those that like IF rarely go back to their old habits of meal patterning and meal frequencies.

Les mer på leangains.com og fitnessprat.no

Svar med sitat
Svar

Emneord
diett, faste, intermittent fasting, periodisk faste

Aktive brukere som ser på denne tråden: 1 (0 medlemmer 1 gjester)

Trådverktøy

Innleggsregler
Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
Du kan ikke skrive svar
Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
Du kan ikke endre dine innlegg

BB code is
[IMG] kode er
HTML kode er Av
Bytt forum

Lignende tråder
Tråd Trådstarter Forum Svar Siste innlegg
Liker ikke blomkål Charlotte88 Middag 6 11-08-09 15:46
Hva kan man erstatte egg med, for en som ikke liker det? Klumpedama Mer enn 30 kg overvekt 4 29-01-09 16:20
Liker dere syltelabber? Dilly Spørsmål om matvarer og oppskrifter 9 06-12-07 11:51
Liker ikke sjømat:(.... Hyper Spørsmål og svar 5 05-09-06 16:15
liker dere ost? se her: Iset Atkins kosthold 6 07-03-04 16:06

Alle klokkeslett er GMT +2. Klokken er nå 16:59.