Søk i lavkarbosidene:
Tilpasset søk
Gå tilbake   Lavkarbo.no :: Karbojunkie > Kosthold og helse > Lavkarbo generelt

Raw Eggs for Your Health

Lavkarbo generelt Generell diskusjon omkring lavkarbo, lavglykemisk og karbohydratkontrollert kosthold.

Del denne siden:

Svar

Trådverktøy
Gammel 01-06-06, 18:19   #1
JEDI
Gjest

Raw Eggs for Your Health

Guidelines To Ensure That You Are Consuming Fresh High- Quality Eggs

1. You can go to the American Egg board for a great overview of eggs.
  2. Always check the freshness of the egg right before you consume the yolk.
  3. If you are uncertain about the freshness of an egg, don't eat it. This is one of the best safeguards against salmonella infection.
  4. If there is a crack in the shell, don't eat it. You can easily check for this by immersing the egg in a pan of cool, salted water. If the egg emits a tiny stream of bubbles, don't consume it as the shell is porous/contains a hole.
  5. If you are getting your eggs fresh from a farmer it is best to not refrigerate them. This is the way most of the world stores their eggs; they do not refrigerate them. To properly judge the freshness of an egg, its contents need to be at room temperature. Eggs that are stored in the fridge and opened immediately after taking them out will seem fresher than they actually are. Eggs that you want to check the freshness of should be kept outside the fridge for at least an hour prior to opening them.
  6. First, check all the eggs by rolling them across a flat surface. Only consume them if they roll wobbly.
  7. Open the egg. If the egg white is watery instead of gel-like, don't consume the egg. If the egg yolk is not convex and firm, don't consume the egg. If the egg yolk easily bursts, don't consume the egg.
  8. After opening the egg you can put it up to your nose and smell it. If it smells foul you will certainly not want to consume it.
How to Start Using Raw Eggs
If you are not used to eating fresh raw egg yolks or fresh raw fish, you should start by eating just a tiny bit of it on a daily basis, and then gradually increase the portions.
For example, start by consuming only a few drops of raw egg yolk a day for the first three days. Gradually increase the amount that you consume in three-day increments. Try half a teaspoon for three days, then one teaspoon, then two teaspoons. When you are accustomed to that amount, increase it to one raw egg yolk per day and subsequently to two raw egg yolks per day. Eventually, you can easily eat five raw egg yolks daily.
Fresh raw egg yolk tastes like vanilla and is best combined with your vegetable pulp. You can also combine it with avocado. Only stir it gently with a fork, because egg protein easily gets damaged on a molecular level, even by mixing/blending.

http://www.mercola.com/2002/nov/13/eggs.htm

Svar med sitat
Gammel 01-06-06, 18:26   #2
mofe
Seniormedlem

mofe sin avatar

Medlem siden: Sep 2004
mofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastisk

Sv: Raw Eggs for Your Health

Flott bidrag, JEDI!

Hilsen rå-egg-oppi-smoothie-spisende-mofe

Gammel 01-06-06, 18:28   #3
JEDI
Gjest

Important Update on Eating Raw Eggs

By Dr. Joseph Mercola
Well folks, it is time for a major update on my recommendations for eating raw eggs. First, before I review the update, I want to dispel the common myth that raw eggs are bad for you. Most people fear them because of the risk for salmonella contamination. If you are still concerned about this please read my earlier article on raw eggs.
As part of that article I had stated that one should never consume raw egg white alone without the yolks, as a component in them called avidin binds to the B-vitamin biotin, potentially creating a deficiency in your body. However, my position shifted when one consumed whole raw eggs, both the yolk and the white together.
One of my raw food mentors convinced me that there was more than enough biotin in raw egg yolks to compensate for this problem, and I revised my previous recommendation to say that eating whole raw eggs would not pose a problem. This idea made sense to me as many wild animals consume raw eggs with no apparent problems.
However, recently a subscriber, Dr. Sharma, PhD, who is a biochemist with Bayer, contacted me about this issue. His investigation into the matter revealed that there is not enough biotin in an egg yolk to bind to all the avidin present in the raw whites. He found that 5.7 grams of biotin are required to neutralize all the avidin found in the raw whites of an average-sized egg. There are only about 25 micrograms -- or 25 millionths of a gram -- of biotin in an average egg yolk.
This is obviously not nearly enough to do the job. For this very reason, controlled diets of only raw egg whites lead to severe biotin deficiency.
New Egg White Recommendations

So is this the 'end' for the healthy consumption of raw egg whites? If you naturally tend to be biotin deficient or are pregnant then the answer is yes. However, raw egg whites (the white 'Yin' to the yolk's 'Yang') are part of the important combined nutritional balance of the egg.
The nutritional breakdown of the egg white is rather impressive. With 9.8 grams of varied protein, high riboflavin, magnesium and potassium, plus a whopping 25 percent the daily value of selenium, there are options to have your white and eat it too! If you decide to eat whole raw eggs, here are my suggested options:

1. My primary new recommendation, and the one I now follow, is to separate the yolks from the whites so you can cook the whites and consume the yolks uncooked, or raw. The white can be cooked and eaten on its own. Although cooking the white reduces the nutrient quality and perhaps increases allergic sensitivities to some, the avidin in the egg white breaks down when cooked to 100 degrees Centigrade, therefore releasing the biotin back for your absorption and virtually eliminating any risk of biotin deficiency.
  2. Supplement with biotin. Safe and adequate recommendations for biotin use are about 30 to 300 micrograms per day in adults, and 10 to 30 micrograms per day for infants and children. Typical therapeutic doses are anywhere between 100 micrograms and 16 milligrams per day.
    Studies have shown daily doses as high as 100 milligrams caused no adverse effects in otherwise healthy individuals. No studies to date have been done using intakes anywhere near 5.7 grams, but for those who are interested Allergy Research Group has a 5,000-mg biotin capsule, and, depending on your overall egg consumption, there's also an 8,000-mg capsule by Thorne. You would theoretically need about 5,000 mg of biotin per egg white to 'neutralize' the avidin in the average large egg.
    You can also get limited amounts of biotin from your food. Animal livers are by far the richest sources.
  3. Don't eat raw egg whites every day. Allow your biotin reserves to rebuild and eat only raw yolks or an alternative breakfast.
  4. Eat yolks one day then whites the next. Remember that the biotin loss occurs in your digestive tract when the two molecules bond together before it is even absorbed. Eating the yolk and the white separately will greatly reduce the problem.
  5. Keep your intestinal flora healthy. Probiotics should always be used. The GI track is long and has evolved different biotin strategies at different locations. A 1989 study showed quality biotin absorbed most effectively at the upper bowel. Keeping this region healthy and functioning optimally with plenty of good bacteria is a must to speed up the nutrient uptake of high-quality, small molecules such as biotin versus the 'lumbering' avidin at the start of digestion.
    Additionally, a healthy lower bowel will produce limited biotin on its own and absorption may even be possible.
Detection and Treatment of a Biotin Deficiency

If you have been consuming whole raw eggs like I have, you may be concerned that you are now deficient in biotin. You need not worry too much as it takes months to years of severely deficient biotin intake to cause any noticeable symptoms, and these symptoms will clear up quickly if you stop eating raw egg whites and take a biotin supplement for a few weeks.
Common symptoms of biotin deficiency include:
  • Brittle fingernails
  • Thinning hair and/or loss of hair color
  • A red, scaly rash around the eyes, nose and mouth
Less common symptoms of biotin deficiency include:

• Depression
  • Lethargy
  • Hallucinations
  • Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
A definitive diagnosis of biotin deficiency can be made if the symptoms in question resolve by supplementing with biotin, or by measuring and detecting a reduction in urinary excretion of biotin.
The Bottom Line

One of the problems with being on the leading edge of natural medicine is that occasionally one will veer off course a bit, but with time the direction always swings back to the truth. Many readers have appreciated my openness to modifying my views based on new information. This is in direct contrast to the conventional medical model that can be quite dogmatic and rigid about considering new data to modify their current beliefs.
When eating any part of an egg raw, I also recommend that you read my guidelines on how to ensure that you are consuming fresh high-quality eggs.

Svar med sitat
Gammel 01-06-06, 18:34   #4
mofe
Seniormedlem

mofe sin avatar

Medlem siden: Sep 2004
mofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastiskmofe er bare helt fantastisk

Jeg spiser rå egg fordi.. skal vi sjå. Fin proteinkilde, fin fettkilde, det er veldig veldig naturlig mat, flotte vitaminer.. Hmja.

Gammel 01-06-06, 22:40   #5
bubavon
Medlem

bubavon sin avatar

Medlem siden: Nov 2004
Hvor: oslo
Alder: 41
bubavon har en fantastisk aura rundt segbubavon har en fantastisk aura rundt seg

Opprinnelig lagt inn av mofe

Jeg spiser rå egg fordi.. skal vi sjå. Fin proteinkilde, fin fettkilde, det er veldig veldig naturlig mat, flotte vitaminer.. Hmja.

Ja, rå egg er bra for deg. Det fordøyes utrolig lett, og alle vitaminene og mineralene er lettere tilgjengelig i rå egg. Alle animalske produkter er lettere fordøyelig når de er rå (men ikke særlig appetittvekkende for de fleste) , mens plantekost er ofte vanskeligere fordøyelig når den er rå.
Men forøvrig så er ikke rå mat alltid å foretrekke, tenk deg en kald vinterdag når du kommer hjem, de fleste ville ikke bli mette av et kaldt, rått måltid, da er det bedre med en feit, rykende varm gryterett!

bubavon er avlogget   Min kostholdsfilosofi: ''Weston A. Price'' Svar med sitat
Gammel 01-06-06, 22:53   #6
Ziggy
Gjest

Medlem siden: Sep 2005
Alder: 56
Ziggy er bare helt fantastiskZiggy er bare helt fantastiskZiggy er bare helt fantastiskZiggy er bare helt fantastiskZiggy er bare helt fantastiskZiggy er bare helt fantastiskZiggy er bare helt fantastiskZiggy er bare helt fantastiskZiggy er bare helt fantastiskZiggy er bare helt fantastiskZiggy er bare helt fantastisk

Njaa... rå og rå, fru Blom... sellv foretrekker jeg nok til en viss grad å varmebehandle eggene i form av en "fuktig" eggerøre med fløte og smør.
Det er ikke nødvendig å spise eggene råe for å dra nytte av proteinene i egget.

Primærstrukturen er den enkleste og mest stabile formen av proteinet.

På grunn av de svake bindingskreftene så vil proteinformen påvirkes av miljøet. En temperaturøkning opp til 70 grader Celsius, og ved en økt saltkonsentrasjon eller endring i PH verdi, så vil enzymet/proteinet denaturere; dvs. miste sin tredimensjonale struktur.

Men ved en denaturering av protein kan de opprinnelige egenskapene til proteinet gjenvinnes. Dette kan skje etter maten er utsatt for moderat varme eller endringer i saltkonsentrasjonen eller PH verdien når kroppen skal nyttiggjøre seg av dette som en del av stoffskiftet vårt.

Ved koagulering derimot skjer forandringer som er endelige og vi ikke kan løse opp proteinet i vann. Protein koagulerer hvis de er i varme over 100 grader Celsius.

Det er derfor jeg støtter rådet om at en kjernetemperatur på i underkant av 70 grader Celsius i lammelår og annet kjøtt som stekes eller kokes, er det ideelle- også ut i fra kroppens evne til å nyttiggjøre seg av proteinene på en best mulig måte.

Ziggy er avlogget   Min kostholdsfilosofi: Wolfgang Lutz / Optimal Ernæring Svar med sitat
Gammel 02-06-06, 23:55   #7
tir na nog
Juniormedlem

tir na nog sin avatar

Medlem siden: Jun 2006
Hvor: rogaland
Alder: 53
tir na nog er på en erverdig vei

Raw eggs! Yukk! - Jeg har prøvde å tåler konsistens men det kommer opp hver gang! til og med hvis en egg er kokt for lite og er ennå litt snotty! noen tips hvordan jeg kan være litt mindre pysete!!? - men flott innleg Jedi - may the force be with your eggs!!

tir na nog er avlogget   Min kostholdsfilosofi: egenkomponert Svar med sitat
Svar

Aktive brukere som ser på denne tråden: 1 (0 medlemmer 1 gjester)

Innleggsregler
Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
Du kan ikke skrive svar
Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
Du kan ikke endre dine innlegg

BB code is
[IMG] kode er
HTML kode er Av
Bytt forum

Lignende tråder
Tråd Trådstarter Forum Svar Siste innlegg
SB Breakfast Recipe List - Fase 1 Marianne Frokost og kveldsmat 3 26-04-05 16:23
Fase 1 - orker ikke mat cococococat Fase I 26 27-10-04 18:34
SB Breakfast without eggs - Fase 1 Marianne Frokost og kveldsmat 0 08-10-04 09:01
Karbohydrater i sukketter? sunbeam Lavkarbo generelt 12 16-08-04 19:49

Alle klokkeslett er GMT +2. Klokken er nå 09:41.